Responsible to Edinburgh Kayak Club Committee and Edinburgh Kayak Club Members.
The Club Secretary is the ‘principal administrator’ for the club. The Club Secretary plays a pivotal role within the club, being the main point of contact for people within and outside the club and having a major impact on the efficient and effective running of the club.
Within the Edinburgh Kayak Club committee, the Club Secretary’s role is well supported by the Membership Secretary, Administrative Secretary, Club Email Coordinator and New Members Coordinator, as well as the other Office Bearers (Chair Person and Treasurer) and Committee Members in other roles.
• Work with Club Email Coordinator to have an oversight of all relevant club email correspondence
• Deal with any land mail posted to the club, which will be sent to Club Secretary’s home address, unless an alternative address is arranged
• Be the contact person for all communication from the Scottish Canoe Association (SCA).
• Work with the Administration Secretary to prepare and distribute the committee meeting and AGM agendas
• Attend all meetings, as far as possible
• Keep copies of minutes from committee meetings and AGMs, and all other relevant documents, on file
• Carry out or delegate any other administrative duties
• Ensure that all affiliation / registration / insurance documents are accurate and are paid on time
• Represent the club at outside meetings at the direction of the committee, delegating to other committee members if needed
• Be the first point of contact for any complaints from members and deal directly with complaints when appropriate and/or bring to committee. Issues regarding Safeguarding should be directed to the Designated Safeguarding Person and issues regarding Coaching and Leadership should be directed to the Coaching Officer.