Equality and Diversity Champion
The role of the Equality and Diversity Champion is to:
• Aim to ensure that everyone has an equally positive experience of the club as per the EKC Equality Policy.
• Work towards increasing the diversity of the club membership with particular reference to groups that are currently under-represented in the club.
The expected outcomes in relation to the Equality and Diversity Champion role are:
• A club with a safe and inclusive culture.
• A club with an increasingly rich and balanced membership.
The Equality and Diversity Champion will:
• Form and lead a sub-group made up of members of the EKC committee, club coaches and leaders and other club members to follow through on the EKC Development Plan Objective: "To encourage individuals from under-represented groups to join the club and create a safe and stimulating environment for members of these groups".
• Be a point of contact in the club for anyone with additional needs and take responsibility for ensuring that plans of support, safety and sharing of information for paddlers with additional needs are developed and actioned.
• Make contact with relevant community groups to promote EKC as an equal opportunities club and discuss ways that EKC can facilitate the participation of their members in paddlesports and encourage them to join the club.
• With the assistance of other members, work to increase the diversity of the club by organising introduction/taster events targeted towards groups that are currently under-represented in the club.
• Be a point of contact for the Scottish Canoe Association Equality Group and liaise with other paddlesports clubs who are trying to increase equality and diversity / establish the role of Equality and Diversity Champion.
• Monitor the diversity of the club and obtain feedback from members of their experience of equality in the club.